Seemingly overlooked by most, when the House voted on the ‘rules of impeachment’ they removed the traditional appointment of House Managers to a later date.
Normally the House Managers would be appointed at the same time as the impeachment vote; however, by withholding the appointment House Democrats are indicating they will not immediately send articles of impeachment to the senate but will rather hold the articles as support for pending court cases toward their judicial authority.
A cunning Lawfare ploy.
As interested observers will note the House never voted to authorize the full judicial impeachment process; instead they voted to approve an inquiry into whether an impeachment should take place. By not voting to authorize articles of impeachment the House never gained ‘judicial enforcement authority‘. The absence of judicial authority is now working its way through the courts in various cases.
It appears the absence of appointing House impeachment managers; and the decision to withhold sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate; is now a specific design.
As the process appears to be unfolding, the Lawfare contracted lawyers representing the House: chief legal counsel Douglas Letter, Barry Berke, Norm Eisen and Daniel Goldman will now argue before the courts that all of the constitutionally contended material is required as evidence for a pending judicial proceeding, a trial in the Senate.
What the house crew have assembled is an interesting back-door attempt to position a valid claim for evidence against the accused without having first gained judicial authority for it. The Lawfare crew will argue to the lower courts, and to SCOTUS, the blocked evidentiary material is critical evidence in a soon-to-be-held Senate trial.
The material they have been seeking is: (1) Mueller grand jury material; (2) a deposition by former White House counsel Don McGahn; and less importantly (3) Trump financial and tax records. Each of these issues is currently being argued in appellate courts (6e and McGahn) and the supreme court (financials/taxes).
The House impeachment of President Trump succeeds in applying the label “impeached president” that was their primary political purpose. President Trump is marred with the label of an ‘impeached president’.
Now the delay in sending the articles of impeachment allows the House lawyers to gather additional evidence while the impeachment case sits in limbo.
The House essentially blocks any/all impeachment activity in the Senate by denying the transfer of the articles from the House to the Senate. Additionally, the House will now impede any other Senate legislative action because the House will hold the Senate captive. Meanwhile the Democrat presidential candidates can run against an impeached President.
Lawfare’s legal svengali Lawrence Tribe recently penned an op-ed with this type of recommendation; and it appears the community that worships Tribe, including the House lawyers writ large, are following his advice.
While Politico outlines the plan from a position if the scheme as a new idea, the fact the House impeachment rules were changed to drop the appointment of the managers speaks to considerable forethought on this type of plan.
It does not appear this is a new idea; rather it looks like this is a pre-planned procedural process by design:
Washington – House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, the second-ranking lawmaker in the House, said Wednesday that Democrats must discuss a last-ditch gambit to delay sending articles of impeachment to the Senate and prevent the Republican-controlled chamber from summarily discarding the case against President Donald Trump.
“Some think it’s a good idea. And we need to talk about it,” Hoyer said just as the House began debating articles of impeachment that charge Trump with abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.
In recent weeks, some legal scholars have suggested Speaker Nancy Pelosi could consider refusing to transmit articles of impeachment — likely to pass the House Wednesday evening — to the Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has declared he is coordinating trial strategy with the White House.
[…] Notably, House Judiciary Committee Democrats huddled with Tribe earlier this month as they practiced behind closed doors for their series of impeachment hearings.
[…] the House could use the delay to continue to build on its evidence for impeachment, and possibly to score additional legal victories that could unlock troves of new evidence and witness testimony that the Trump administration has withheld from Congress. Some of those court cases could be decided within weeks. (read more)
SICK: Nancy Pelosi has to quiet down fellow Democrats who begin to clap and cheer after impeaching @realDonaldTrump… A very solemn and serious process.4957:46 PM – Dec 18, 2019Twitter Ads info and privacy341 people are talking about this
No vote on naming impeachment managers tonight, which means articles won’t be transmitted to the Senate tonight. House has adjourned5687:57 PM – Dec 18, 2019Twitter Ads info and privacy172 people are talking about this
AdvertisementsREPORT THIS ADAdvertisementsREPORT THIS AD
REPOST: Details of House “Impeachment Inquiry” Resolution…In “Big Government”
Newly Empowered Chairman Jerry Nadler Moves on Second Front for Impeachment Assault – HJC Moves To Enforce McGahn Subpoena…In “4th Amendment”This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Impeachment, Legislation, media bias, Nancy Pelosi, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Supreme Court, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. ← Christmas Rally – President Trump MAGA-KAG Rally, Battle Creek Michigan – 7:00pm ET Livestream…
10 Responses to Cunning Lawfare Maneuver – House Will Withhold Submission of Articles from Senate…
- MM says:December 18, 2019 at 9:13 pmSick and tired of their damn games!Liked by 2 peopleReply
- Jason Ross says:December 18, 2019 at 9:15 pmI’m not sure how this is good optics for the DEMs… clearly looks like a stunt and it is certainly fodder for Trump to continue his ‘sham!’ bombast at his rallies.Liked by 1 personReply
- jeans2nd says:December 18, 2019 at 9:16 pmPelosi declared several times that Pres Trump was a “Threat to our democracy” and the House must impeach before waiting on the next election due to the threat Pres Trump poses.
How will they get around that?LikeReply
- anotherworriedmom says:December 18, 2019 at 9:16 pmMcConnell is right. They should have the vote immediately in the Senate. Any witnesses means that rinos will have an excuse to vote against PDJT. If Mitch has the votes to keep PDJT in office then that’s the only thing that counts. All other roads are dangerous.LikeReply
- TMonroe says:December 18, 2019 at 9:17 pmBarely 24 hours after the media propped up Schumer’s words about the need for fairness on th Senate procedure part, they now prop up gamesmanship once again on the House side. Pravda-eqsue, especially when the stakes are highLikeReply
- CNN_sucks says:December 18, 2019 at 9:17 pmSounds more like money machine for lawfare. Milking taxpayers again… drain the swamp.LikeReply
- Jason Ross says:December 18, 2019 at 9:18 pmPelosi is not handling the presser very well…. what is the matter with her teeth. Who is that ‘handler’ to her left???LikeReply
- digitaldoofus says:December 18, 2019 at 9:18 pmI screamed from the beginning that Trump should play HARDBALL at every turn with these Democrat vermin. But of course…our side never does.When the other side uses flamethrowers, and all you do is lob paper matches at them…guess who will do more damage?LikeReply
- Gabriel says:December 18, 2019 at 9:18 pmSheesh, that picture. I’ve never seen so many upside down smiles in a single image. They are so filled with hate and darkness that it manifests itself in their physical appearance. So creepy …LikeReply