IF THERE IS ONE THING THAT WILL INFURIATE LIBERALS IT IS TO SEE SOMEONE PRAYING IN PUBLIC

!!!!

Photo: Ted Cruz Kneels in Prayer Outside the White House

Here’s a shot of Sen. Ted Cruz praying in front of The White House yesterday.

No, he’s not praying that Barack Obama will overturn Obamacare and no, he’s not praying that he will occupy the presidency one day. Instead, he’s alongside Rev. Rob Schenck (from Faith and Action) and Rev. Frazier White (a Democrat and Obama supporter) praying for Saeed Abedini, who has been in an Iranian prison for one year. He is being persecuted for his faith to Jesus Christ.

Who says Ted Cruz isn’t bipartisan?

I have not only interviewed Ted Cruz many times, but I have spent time with him and his family. He is true Bible-believing Christian who is not ashamed of the Gospel. Of course the liberals don’t want to hear that nonsense. They’ll now be busy trying to figure out how to distort this picture in Adobe Photoshop.

Below are the words of Rev. Rob Schenck, the man who organized the prayer.

“In the image you see me at the center with my prayer stole as we intercede in Jesus’ name for our brother in Christ and imprisoned pastor, Saeed Abedini, who has suffered in an Iranian prison for one year because of his faithful witness to Christ. Kneeling with me on my left (the significance of the placement should be noted) is the U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, a tea party Republican from Texas. Sen. Cruz just made wall-to-wall headlines for his 20+ hour filibuster opposing Obamacare, the President’s signature legislative achievement.

On my right (again, note the orientation) is Rev. Frazier White, a Democrat community organizer from my neighborhood of Capitol Hill, and a huge supporter of President Obama. At the moment the photo was taken, though, the politically polar opposite positions of the Senator and the Pastor were irrelevant.

We were bowed before the Holy, the Supernal, the highest Lord in the universe, and the One and Only Eternal King. Everything else: party labels, policy positions, job descriptions, accents, zip codes, skin color, filibusters and organizing, were all utterly and completely dwarfed. In that moment of prayer–especially for a fellow Christian, a persecuted believer, whose circumstances are for most us unimaginable–our political and cultural squabbles seemed petty.

Pastor White, Sen. Cruz, Rev. Pat Mahoney, Jordan and Anna Sekulow, myself, and so many others, were there in front of the White House to do the really and truly important business of crying out to God for one of our own that was suffering for his faith.”

Print     Email to a Friend    posted on Friday, September 27, 2013 1:00 PM

Comments on this post

# RE: Photo: Ted Cruz Kneels in Prayer Outside the White House

Matthew 6:5-6 “And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.I have become a strong supporter of Senator Cruz, whom I observe to be a man of strong faith and strong principles. But I pray that Senator Cruz doesn’t let his newly found popularity go to his head. The kind of show seen in this story seems counter-productive and flies in the face of our teaching from Matthew. May our Father protect him from the dark influence of D.C.

Left by Hineni on Sep 27, 2013 1:46 PM

# RE: Photo: Ted Cruz Kneels in Prayer Outside the White House

I would vote for Ted Cruz without any reservation at all. He is smart and knows how to lead through integrity! We need Senator Cruz now.
Left by VillageViking on Sep 27, 2013 1:48 PM

# RE: Photo: Ted Cruz Kneels in Prayer Outside the White House

I too am a strong supporter of Senator Cruz. I don’t think this is “show.” I know the Bible is not against praying in public and I think that is all this is. He certainly doesn’t seem to have the spirit of the Pharisees.
Left by Marney on Sep 27, 2013 2:28 PM

# RE: Photo: Ted Cruz Kneels in Prayer Outside the White House

Hineni – Your reference to Matthew is out of context and not specific to the photo you’re seeing above. I think if Mr. Cruz had TV crews following him around just to see him pray that might be different, but for him to get on his knees and join into a public prayer isn’t a bad thing at all. I’m not sure how Mr. Cruz kneeling in public to pray flies in the face of any biblical teaching, but our leaders can always use our prayers.
Left by Jim on Sep 27, 2013 2:30 PM

# RE: Photo: Ted Cruz Kneels in Prayer Outside the White House

It amazes me from the comments read on here, you condemn Sen Cruz for praying in public. Is it hypocricy to pray at the flagpole when we celebrate “Prayer at the Flagpole” every year? You miss the message in what Jesus was saying. The person praying openly in the streets was comparing himself to others to show his religion. Are you expecting all Christians to go in their prayer closets ALL THE TIME? If the Holy Spirit moves a person to pray, so be it. This might have been a time when the Holy Spirit moved. I prayed with my fellow soldiers out in the open in AFG when they were having problems at home. I didn’t say “let’s go int he church so no one will see us.” You people need to stop your hypocricy in telling people where/when they should pray
Left by TCM on Sep 27, 2013 2:51 PM

# RE: Photo: Ted Cruz Kneels in Prayer Outside the White House

“For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”
MAT 18:20
Left by kalli on Sep 27, 2013 3:03 PM

# RE: Photo: Ted Cruz Kneels in Prayer Outside the White House

Praying in public is not what Christ means, this speaks to the condition of the heart. Only Christ will know if Cruz did this for the Lord and His martyr in Iran or for political gain. I believe after all I have seen and heard from the man that he is the genuine article, and I am not easily swayed by the prevailing winds or misled by charlatans.
Left by Matthew Smith on Sep 27, 2013 3:20 PM

# RE: Photo: Ted Cruz Kneels in Prayer Outside the White House

remember folks.. ..the culture during the matthew reference was one that EMPOWERED those who were believed close to God..much different than today.

i see it as: if you are ashamed of Me, then i will be ashamed of you in front of My Father..

ANY politician who embraces Christ in our culture does so at their peril and should be lifted up in prayer by believers.

God Bless and pray for ALL our government as we are instructed to do..

Left by saklock on Sep 27, 2013 3:33 PM

# RE: Photo: Ted Cruz Kneels in Prayer Outside the White House

Good for these people. Such PC baloney that libs put forward is killing our heritage, history and values. Today, the media is oh and ahing that Obama and the Islamic leader are talking about love , peace and no nukes. As if Americans should believe a guy who calls Israel ….names not presentable and wants them exterminated. So, if this Iranian thug is to be believed, release this pastor and other political prisoners who disagree with the Admin. There. That would be a real peace offering.
Left by phillyfanatic on Sep 27, 2013 3:52 PM

# RE: Photo: Ted Cruz Kneels in Prayer Outside the White House

Thank you. We need more people kneeling in prayer for the release of this pastor. I am so grateful that Sen. Cruz and others live their faith, not just in words, but in actions.
Left by Karen on Sep 27, 2013 4:00 PM

This entry was posted in PRAYER. Bookmark the permalink.