|Who is the real Pope?
Posted: 17 Nov 2017 04:57 AM PST
In these troubled times, there seem to be four possible theories about who is actually the Pope:1. Pope Francis.
2. Pope Benedict.
4. Someone else entirely.So it’s time for an in-depth analysis. Not that you’ll get one here.
Sedevacantists see things this way.
1. Pope Francis is the obvious answer. Elected by a conclave in 2013; white smoke; goes around in white robes; sleeps in a humble broom-cupboard in the Vatican. After his private correction by Cardinal Burke, his correctio filialis by a bunch of wise men, and a telling-off from Fr Weinandy – with none of which has he publicly disagreed – he is now the most orthodox Catholic on the planet.
Of course he has a few blind spots as regards how to run the Church. Whatever made him think that Blase Cupich was worthy of doing any job more spiritual than emptying the dustbins? Does he really think we’ve forgotten his Anschluss with the Order of Malta? When the newspapers carried headlines ELDERLY DICTATOR UNDER HOUSE ARREST, who thought of Mugabe, and who thought of Francis? Still, otherwise he’s played a blinder. Well, apart from… no, let’s move on.
Two litres of Amoris Laetitia, please!
2. Pope Benedict? Well, he was apparently forced out after undue pressure from his enemies in the Church. They kept sending him copies of the Tablet and essays by Austen Ivereigh. After such relentless persecution, who can blame him if he decided to spend more time with his beer, I mean prayer? On the other hand, it’s not entirely clear that popes can resign.
Still, he says he’s not the Pope, and he ought to know.
3. Nobody. There are two groups here. One is the group that believes that all popes since Vatican II (or possibly since Pius V) were invalidly elected. This viewpoint is supported by the prophecies of St Malachy, Nostradamus, and Mystic Meg.
The second group – more interesting – finds something distinctly fishy in the story of the 2013 conclave, where, thanks to the St Gallen Mafia, or Cormac Murphy-O’Connor, or British intelligence, or perhaps Batman’s arch-nemesis the Joker, some skulduggery took place. In which case the cardinals need to go back into the Sistine Chapel and try again. Good luck with that one.
The Soros twins.
4. Someone else was secretly elected by the conclave in 2013. Pope Francis is merely a “stunt pope” who does all the dangerous things like driving the Popemobile at high speed, flying in aeroplanes, and making the odd speech, indeed very odd speech. Somewhere in the background is an Eminence Grise who is pulling the strings. This may be:
i) George Soros, who appears to have a finger in every disreputable pie;
Alternatively, Douglas Adams suggested that the man who rules the Universe sits in a shack somewhere, with no companions except his cat. Well, he was nearly right: it’s actually the Catholic Church that he rules.
Or could this saved person be the power behind the throne?