Did Anti-Fr. Altmann Bp. Callahan think his Apparent Friend Disgraced Gay Archbishop Rembert Weakland had an Infelicitous “Manner and Tone”?
Fr. James Altman was banished as pastor of his parish and even had his priestly faculties indefinitely suspended by Bishop William P. Callahan for reasons ranging from the incomprehensible to the outrageous. Admonished for his supposedly infelicitous “manner and tone” and accused of a lack of pastoral “efficacy.”
It appears that Callahan didn’t think his apparent friend disgraced gay Archbishop Rembert Weakland had an infelicitous “manner and tone” and a lack of pastoral “efficacy” as revealed by the Badger Catholic website in 2009:
Earlier this week I posted that I had heard that Bishop Callahan would be one possible suitors to the Diocese of La Crosse. Thanks to a commenter I looked into him further.
Here is a report from May 13, 2009 on Callahan’s response in the wake of Weakland’s book promoting homosexuality.
Callahan said he talked to Former Archbishop Weakland last week, but despite his knowledge of the book, it was not discussed.[ummm that’s a bit strange] Callahan, who’s known Weakland for years, said he’s surprised by Weakland’s admission that he is gay. [….soooo, he wasn’t aware he had an affair with a male college student whom he paid millions out of diocesan funds??] “I think it caught me off guard. It was not necessarily something I was ready to hear coming from the Archbishop,” Callahan said. [none of us were ready, but “caught off guard” by that revelation?]
WISN 12 News asked Callahan if he thinks the Archdiocese can move on beyond the things Weakland left behind.“Certainly, without a doubt, certainly. The church has moved on for centuries with saints and sinners, and that’s Jesus’ intention,” Callahan said. [Note Well:]Callahan said Weakland’s legacy in the church is not just his mistakes but also some of the good he did, including shaping the modern mass. He does not expect the Vatican to weight in on the book.
WISN 12 Milwaukee
Weakland’s legacy is defined by his mistakes. I would say the appointment of Weakland by Paul VI in the first place has now been proven to be one of several major mistakes. With his book Weakland becomes tauntingly close to conditions necessary for excommunication.
Let’s just say I hope Callahan is not in the running. But I did hear his name out there being talked about. I had thought he was a post-Weakland bishop. One has to think his association with Weakland makes it very unlikely he would be moved anywhere.[http://badgercatholic.blogspot.com/2010/05/auxiliary-bishop-william-callahan.html?m=1]
The Catholic website reported Callahan was “surprised” by Weakland’s sinning:
“Callahan, who’s known Weakland for years, said he’s surprised by Weakland’s admission that he is gay.”
It appears that Callahan was also “surprised” and “shocked” by another Weakland-like man in the Church:
The first news about Archbishop McCarrick was indeed shocking and upsetting. That sad news was followed by the revelations concerning the unraveling of the incredible and disgusting stories of sexual molestations that took place over the decades.[https://stpeter.us/bishop-callahans-letter-in-response-to-the-recent-scandals-in-the-church/]
Stop for a moment of silence, ask Jesus Christ what He want you to do now and next. In this silence remember God, Father, Son and Holy Ghost – Three Divine Persons yet One God, has an ordered universe where you can know truth and falsehood as well as never forget that He wants you to have eternal happiness with Him as his son or daughter by grace. Make this a practice. By doing this you are doing more good than reading anything here or anywhere else on the Internet.
– Doctor of the Church St. Francis de Sales totally confirmed beyond any doubt the possibility of a heretical pope and what must be done by the Church in such a situation:
“[T]he Pope… WHEN he is EXPLICITLY a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church MUST either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See.”
(The Catholic Controversy, by St. Francis de Sales, Pages 305-306)
Saint Robert Bellarmine, also, said “the Pope heretic is not deposed ipso facto, but must be declared deposed by the Church.”
– “If Francis is a Heretic, What should Canonically happen to him?”: http://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2020/12/if-francis-is-heretic-what-should.html
– “Could Francis be a Antipope even though the Majority of Cardinals claim he is Pope?”: http://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2019/03/could-francis-be-antipope-even-though.html
– LifeSiteNews, “Confusion explodes as Pope Francis throws magisterial weight behind communion for adulterers,” December 4, 2017:
The AAS guidelines explicitly allows “sexually active adulterous couples facing ‘complex circumstances’ to ‘access the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist.'”
– On February 2018, in Rorate Caeli, Catholic theologian Dr. John Lamont:
“The AAS statement… establishes that Pope Francis in Amoris Laetitia has affirmed propositions that are heretical in the strict sense.”
– On December 2, 2017, Bishop Rene Gracida:
“Francis’ heterodoxy is now official. He has published his letter to the Argentina bishops in Acta Apostlica Series making those letters magisterial documents.”
Pray an Our Father now for the restoration of the Church by the bishops by the grace of God.
– Intel Cryptanalyst-Mathematician on Biden Steal: “212Million Registered Voters & 66.2% Voting,140.344 M Voted…Trump got 74 M, that leaves only 66.344 M for Biden” [http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2020/12/intel-cryptanalyst-mathematician-on.html?m=1]
– Will US be Venezuela?: Ex-CIA Official told Epoch Times “Chávez started to Focus on [Smartmatic] Voting Machines to Ensure Victory as early as 2003”: http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2020/12/will-us-be-venezuela-ex-cia-official.html– Tucker Carlson’s Conservatism Inc. Biden Steal Betrayal is explained by “One of the Greatest Columns ever Written” according to Rush: http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2021/01/tucker-carlsons-conservatism-inc-biden.html?m=1 – A Hour which will Live in Infamy: 10:01pm November 3, 2020:
http://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2021/01/a-hour-which-will-live-in-infamy-1001pm.html?m=1 What is needed right now to save America from those who would destroy our God given rights is to pray at home or in church and if called to even go to outdoor prayer rallies in every town and city across the United States for God to pour out His grace on our country to save us from those who would use a Reichstag Fire-like incident to destroy our civil liberties. [Is the DC Capitol Incident Comparable to the Nazi Reichstag Fire Incident where the German People Lost their Civil Liberties?: http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2021/01/is-dc-capital-incident-comparable-to.html?m=1 and Epoch Times Show Crossroads on Capitol Incident: “Anitfa ‘Agent Provocateurs‘”:
Pray an Our Father now for the grace to know God’s Will and to do it. Pray an Our Father now for America. Pray an Our Father now for the restoration of the Church as well as the Triumph of the Kingdom of the Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Fr. Walijewski, pray for Bishop Callahan to retract his decision about Fr. Altman!SHARE