Is Francis like “Fringe/Extremist” Andrew Cuomo & his father Mario Cuomo “personally opposed to abortion,” BUT “he had no right to impose his personal religious views on a pluralistic society”?
No wonder the young [and Catholic] people in America are so confused [https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1543695376321892352/photo/1]
Francis is “pro-life”:Francis: “I CAN’T SAY WHETHER ROE V. WADE DID RIGHT OR WRONG FROM A JUDICIAL POINT OF VIEW?!”Francis: “NANCY
PELOSI SHOULD RECEIVE COMMUNION: ‘WHEN THE CHURCH LOSES ITS
PASTORAL NATURE, WHEN A BISHOP LOSES HIS PASTORAL NATURE,
IT CAUSES A POLITICAL PROBLEM. THAT’S ALL I CAN SAY.’” [https://canon212.com/, July 4, 2022][https://gloria.tv/] – The Catholic Monitor [https://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2022/07/meme-no-wonder-young-catholic-people-in.html]
I think the key is that a very large percentage of people don’t like abortion at all and want to see it banned except in quite exceptional cases. However, my guess is that these same people think that overturning Roe v. Wade would mean banning the very small percentage of abortions that they would allow. Thus you end up with a quite large majority favoring the “Republican” position while also not wanting Roe overturned! What these people are going to learn over the next months is that the SCOTUS has actually given them what they preferred—by overturning Roe.Admittedly it’s all weird and frustrating for politicians, but what really jumps out from the responses is just how extreme the Dem positions and rhetoric are in the eyes of most halfway normal Americans. So, one more issue on which Dems are cruising for a bruising, by espousing rhetoric that most Americans regard as fringe/extremist or even un-American. – Mark Wauck
Is Francis like Andrew Cuomo and his father Mario Cuomo “personally opposed to abortion,” BUT “he had no right to impose his personal religious views on a pluralistic society”?:Reading Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s New York Times op-ed in defense of New York State’s new and perversely titled Reproductive Health Act, I was reminded of his father Mario Cuomo’s own tendentious arguments explaining why he, as a Catholic, could support Roe v. Wade. Andrew Cuomo’s arguments share the same weakness for pious dissembling.
Both Cuomo père et fils approach the issue as political animals, and their support for abortion on demand was and is driven by Democratic party politics. Recall: Mario Cuomo entered the abortion culture wars in 1977 to provide intellectual cover for his friend, New York Representative Geraldine Ferraro, who as Walter Mondale’s presidential running mate in 1984 was the first woman, the first Italian-American and first pro-choice Catholic to run for vice president of the United States. The ticket lost both the Catholic and the Italian-American vote.
The younger Cuomo’s op-ed is a bumbling political effort to tie the pro-life movement to Trumpism and—astonishingly—to argue that the Catholic Church he claims to identify with is part of evangelicalism’s faded religious right. It is also an attempt to wave away the prominent critiques of his legislation by numerous Catholic bishops, including Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York and Father John Jenkins, the president of the University of Notre Dame. Unlike his father, the governor is prone to public pratfalls.
Mario Cuomo’s central argument, in his famous speech at the University of Notre Dame, was that while he was personally opposed as a Catholic to abortion on moral grounds—indeed, he averred, he and his wife Matilda would never abort a pregnancy—he had no right to impose his personal religious views on a pluralistic society. His son Andrew’s underlying argument mimics his father’s: that “religious values” should not “drive political decisions.” This both distorts Catholic arguments against abortion. [https://www.americamagazine.org/faith/2019/02/12/andrew-cuomo-and-sad-inheritance-personal-opposition-abortion]
Might leftist Francis be a cold and scheming diplomat whose only concern might be to protect the power of the leftist Biden and Pelosi abortion federal government and its attempt to impose abortion even against the Supreme Court decision while claiming to be “personally opposed to abortion”?
Why does Francis refuse to even denounce the Nancy Pelosi/Joe Biden’s extreme support of the killing of unborn babies that “most Americans regard as fringe/extremist”?
Mark Wauck showed how Francis seems to be refusing to condemn what “most Americans regard as fringe/extremist or even un-American”:
It seems pretty clear that most pollsters simply aren’t asking the right questions. To see this a bit better here is a nice twitter thread that analyzes the polling results. Note that this is very mainstream-to-liberal polling, done by former Clintonista Mark Penn’s outfit. Note also how restrictive the majority would prefer the laws to be.
New polling data out on #Dobbs:
1) Overturning #RoeVsWade: 45% Support/55% Oppose
2) 37% would ban abortion entirely w/ only rape and incest exceptions
3) 49% support abortion ban after 6 wks
4) 72%!! support abortion ban after 15wks
5) Only 10% support Dem. position of allowing abortion up until birth.
6) 44% say it is better for states to set abortion standards; 31% say Congress; and 25% say #SCOTUS
7) 63% say #SCOTUS is legitimate; 59% say it is wrong for Dems to call #SCOTUSillegitimate
8) 36% say #Dobbs makes it more likely they will vote GOP in ’22; 36% say more likely to vote for Dem.; 29% no difference
I think the key is that a very large percentage of people don’t like abortion at all and want to see it banned except in quite exceptional cases. However, my guess is that these same people think that overturning Roe v. Wade would mean banning the very small percentage of abortions that they would allow. Thus you end up with a quite large majority favoring the “Republican” position while also not wanting Roe overturned! What these people are going to learn over the next months is that the SCOTUS has actually given them what they preferred—by overturning Roe.
Admittedly it’s all weird and frustrating for politicians, but what really jumps out from the responses is just how extreme the Dem positions and rhetoric are in the eyes of most halfway normal Americans. So, one more issue on which Dems are cruising for a bruising, by espousing rhetoric that most Americans regard as fringe/extremist or even un-American. [https://meaninginhistory.substack.com/p/abortion-politics-disconnect?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email]
Pray an Our Father now for reparation for the sins committed because of Francis’s Amoris Laetitia.
Pray an Our Father now for the restoration of the Church as well as the Triumph of the Kingdom of the Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Stop for a moment of silence, ask Jesus Christ what He wants you to do now and next. In this silence remember God, Father, Son and Holy Ghost – Three Divine Persons yet One God, has an ordered universe where you can know truth and falsehood as well as never forget that He wants you to have eternal happiness with Him as his son or daughter by grace. Make this a practice. By doing this you are doing more good than reading anything here or anywhere else on the Internet.
– Doctor of the Church St. Francis de Sales totally confirmed beyond any doubt the possibility of a heretical pope and what must be done by the Church in such a situation:
“[T]he Pope… WHEN he is EXPLICITLY a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church MUST either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See.”
(The Catholic Controversy, by St. Francis de Sales, Pages 305-306)
Saint Robert Bellarmine, also, said “the Pope heretic is not deposed ipso facto, but must be declared deposed by the Church.”
– “If Francis is a Heretic, What should Canonically happen to him?”: http://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2020/12/if-francis-is-heretic-what-should.html
– “Could Francis be a Antipope even though the Majority of Cardinals claim he is Pope?”: http://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2019/03/could-francis-be-antipope-even-though.html
– If Francis betrays Benedict XVI & the”Roman Rite Communities” like he betrayed the Chinese Catholics we must respond like St. Athanasius, the Saintly English Bishop Robert Grosseteste & “Eminent Canonists and Theologians” by “Resist[ing]” him: https://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2021/12/if-francis-betrays-benedict-xvi.html
– LifeSiteNews, “Confusion explodes as Pope Francis throws magisterial weight behind communion for adulterers,” December 4, 2017:
The AAS guidelines explicitly allows “sexually active adulterous couples facing ‘complex circumstances’ to ‘access the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist.'”
– On February 2018, in Rorate Caeli, Catholic theologian Dr. John Lamont:
“The AAS statement… establishes that Pope Francis in Amoris Laetitia has affirmed propositions that are heretical in the strict sense.”
– On December 2, 2017, Bishop Rene Gracida:
“Francis’ heterodoxy is now official. He has published his letter to the Argentina bishops in Acta Apostlica Series making those letters magisterial documents.”
Pray an Our Father now for the restoration of the Church by the bishops by the grace of God.
– Intel Cryptanalyst-Mathematician on Biden Steal: “212Million Registered Voters & 66.2% Voting,140.344 M Voted…Trump got 74 M, that leaves only 66.344 M for Biden” [http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2020/12/intel-cryptanalyst-mathematician-on.html?m=1]
– Will US be Venezuela?: Ex-CIA Official told Epoch Times “Chávez started to Focus on [Smartmatic] Voting Machines to Ensure Victory as early as 2003”: http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2020/12/will-us-be-venezuela-ex-cia-official.html
– Tucker Carlson’s Conservatism Inc. Biden Steal Betrayal is explained by “One of the Greatest Columns ever Written” according to Rush: http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2021/01/tucker-carlsons-conservatism-inc-biden.html?m=1
– A Hour which will Live in Infamy: 10:01pm November 3, 2020:
What is needed right now to save America from those who would destroy our God given rights is to pray at home or in church and if called to even go to outdoor prayer rallies in every town and city across the United States for God to pour out His grace on our country to save us from those who would use a Reichstag Fire-like incident to destroy our civil liberties. [Is the DC Capitol Incident Comparable to the Nazi Reichstag Fire Incident where the German People Lost their Civil Liberties?: http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2021/01/is-dc-capital-incident-comparable-to.html?m=1 and Epoch Times Show Crossroads on Capitol Incident: “Anitfa ‘Agent Provocateurs‘”:
Pray an Our Father now for the grace to know God’s Will and to do it.
Pray an Our Father now for America.
Pray an Our Father now for the restoration of the Church as well as the Triumph of the Kingdom of the Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.SHARE