THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!

!!!!

images_015

This is a photograph of Pope Paul VI taken at his corornation at the beginning of his Pontificate in 1963.  I was privileged to accompany Archbishop Carroll to the Pope’s coronation and to meet him the next day.  He is shown wearing the triple tiara, the last Pope to be so crowned.  The tiara, as I recall was donated to the Archdiocese of New York to be shown at the New York Worlds Fair in 1964.  Nine years after I met him at his coronation he appointed me Auxiliary Bishop of Miami.

IMG_0086

I thank all who sent congratulatory greetings to me yesterday, Monday, January 25, on the occasion of my celebrating the 44th Anniversary of my episcopal ordination which took place in Saint Mary Cathedral in Miami Florida on January 25, 1972.

In the photograph shown above I am kneeling in front of the main altar of the Cathedral during the Liturgy of Ordination/Consecration on January 25, 1972.  The Bishop on the left is Archbishop Coleman Francis Carroll, c0-consecrator.  Unseen, immediately to his left is standing Cardinal John Dearden, principal consecrator, and unseen to the Cardinal’s left is the other co-consecrator, Bishop Paul Tanner, Bishop of Saint Augustine.

In some ways January 25, 1972 seems like it was just yesterday.  The events of that day are vividly impressed in my memory.  On the other hand, January 25, 1972 seems like it occurred in 1872, so much has transpired in my life during the past 44 years.

I am deeply indebted to all of you, my friends, who have accompanied me on my pilgrimage during the past 44 years.  I thank you for your friendship, your love, your prayers, your collaboration with me in my pastoral ministry, your comforting reassurances during the times of crisis, the support in my pastoral endeavors, the list goes on and on and on.

We journey together toward an uncertain future.  I promise you my prayers and whatever spiritual support I can give not only through my prayers but also through what I write and post on Abyssum.org.

God Bless You All !!!

+Rene Henry Gracida

7 Responses to THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!

1. william boes says:

received msg

2. joanne says:

Congratulations, Bishop!Thank you for your guiding light on the most important issues of our time.  We all need someone we can trust to teach the Truth.  I thank God for you.I also enjoy your humor.  ;)God bless you and keep you safe.Joanne

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

3. What a wonderful memory. And thank you for responding to God’s call to the priesthood where it all started. It is a privilege to know you, Your Excellency.

4. Laura G Boes says:

Happy anniversary Bishop! On Jan 26, 2016 2:13 PM, “ABYSSUS ABYSSUM INVOCAT / DEEP CALLS TO DEEP” wrote:

> abyssum posted: “!!!! I thank all who sent congratulatory greetings to me > yesterday, Monday, January 25, on the occasion of my celebrating the 44th > Anniversary of my episcopal ordination which took place in Saint Mary > Cathedral in Miami Florida on January 25, 1972.” >

5. gellerman55 says:

I can just imagine our Lord saying: “Well done good and faithful servant.” Please don’t stop telling it like it is when it comes to right and wrong, Bishop. These days, it’s just so easy to let the media tell us how we should be thinking…falling into that lukewarm complacency is just what He hates.

6. William Doherty says:

An incredible milestone and an even more incredible life Bishop. Keep on trucking! My sons, both in my parish school and competitors who gets to say grace at meals, will pray for you too.

Will Doherty

> _________________ > William A. Doherty > Attorney-at-Law > 85 Birch St. > Floral Park, NY 11001 > > PH: 516.428.5208 > > FAX: 866.716.2541 > > The information transmitted by this electronic mail (and any attachments) is being sent by or on behalf of a lawyer; it is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee named above and may constitute information that is privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the addressee or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to same, you are not authorized to retain, read, copy or disseminate this electronic mail (or any attachments) or any part thereof. If you have received this electronic mail (and any attachments) in error, please reply to this e-mail and send written confirmation that same has been deleted from your system. It is also IMPERATIVE that the recipient understand that unless there is a written retainer agreement on file between the sender and receiver of this e-mail, there exists absolutely NO attorney-client relationship. > > Thank you.

7. Joseph Buhagiar says:

Congratulations ! I did not know. May God Bless you.

Joseph & Lorna On 27 Jan 2016 00:13, “ABYSSUS ABYSSUM INVOCAT / DEEP CALLS TO DEEP” wrote: