Friday, July 14, 2017
Alas Babylon: Fallen Into Sexual Immorality
coming to the startling realisation that free love didn’t work. “Susan, I was so proud of the fact that we stayed together 22 years without a piece of paper!” she wept.
|Where I stood: Port Townsend, Washington|
- “Any man may find a stone for himself, the shape of which strikes his fancy, or some other object … which seems to him something unusual. He gets money and scatters it around the stone or on the place where he has seen the object of his fancy.”
- “The man who was fortunate to possess such a a stone was consulted in cases of sickness and distress… Such a man … might cary the stone with him on his daily rounds.” Unwin continued.
economic prosperity and the spread of civilisation!
- “There are very few uncivilised societies who compelled a girl to confine her sexual activity to one man throughout her life; these societies, as we shall see, occupied the highest position in the uncivilised cultural scale. I do not know a single case in which a man was compelled to limit his sexual qualities to one woman; this custom has been in force only in some civilised societies. Those societies which have maintained the custom for the longest period have attained the highest position in the cultural scale, which the human race has yet reached,” Unwin wrote.
- “For there is a true law: right reason. It is in conformity with nature, is diffused among all men, and is immutable and eternal; its orders summon to duty; it prohibitions turn away from offence… To replace it with a contrary law is a sacrilege; failure to apply even one of its provisions is forbidden; no one can abrogate it entirely.” (Cicero, Rep.III, 22, 33)
the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel,” which means God is with us. (Isaiah 7:14)
- “Therefore, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now even more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. For it isGod who works in you to will and to act on behalf of His good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:12-13)
- “The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.” (Romans 1:18-19)
bodies. Long before it was etched into legal documents or canon law, marriage was etched into our flesh.” said Author Chris Stefanick of the Chastity Project.
- “At the risk of over-simplifying this: one can almost imagine, tens of thousands of years ago, cavemen “discovering” that the sex drive is ordered, by its nature, to the union of man and woman so that they can carry on the human race. Since children come from sex and demand so much responsibility, a caveman probably had to swear to commit to that woman before the other people in the cave, lest the cave chief hit him with a club for turning cave life into chaos—and marriage was born!” he added.
- “Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.” (Romans 1: 24-27)
|Louisiana still prays:
Louisiana woman praying with a Baton Rouge sheriff’s deputy
They are all in Church. The Southern United States is still dominated by a stratum of society that values monogamy and chastity as well as the worship of God. At a Southern airport, I was in line and someone pushed ahead of me. I bowed, and said, “Please go ahead. The first will be last and the last will be first.” (Matt 20:16). Suddenly 40 people pushed me to the front of the line. I was overjoyed. They were truly practicing Christians! That never would have happened in the West, where many states have legalised euthanasia.
- “Most peoples and leaders of decaying societies were unaware of their cancerous sickness,” he said. “Most of them were sanguine about their present state and future prospects. They continued to live cheerfully in a fool’s paradise, and hopefully looked forward to the realisation of their unrealistic dreams. Their leaders attacked all honest appraisals of the situation and called them false prophecies of doom and gloom.”
- Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” Godcreated man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and femaleHe created them. God blessed them; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” (Gen 1: 26-28)
|Bishop Everard De Jong|
Follow Bishop de Jong on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/everarddejong