WHERE IS YOUR DIOCESE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST LGBT PROPAGANDA????

Featured Image

Phil Lawler

OPINIONThu Jul 4, 2019 – 6:44 pm EST

Our first front in the fight against LGBT propaganda is inside the Church

AbortionBarack ObamaBishopsCatholicJames MartinJohn StoweJoseph SciambraLgbtqPride MassesPride MonthPriestsTransgenderism

July 4, 2019 (Catholic Culture) — “Pride Month” has come to an end. And for the first two days of July, the first readings at Mass told the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. I’d call that a coincidence — if I believed in coincidences.

Just after the middle of the month, Joseph Sciambra posted a very provocative comment on his Facebook page. Sciambra knows whereof he speaks; having once been caught up in the homosexual underworld, since experiencing a conversion he has made it his special mission to reach out to homosexuals, helping to heal their wounds. And they are wounded. The grotesque excesses on display at “Gay Pride” events are evidence that these people need help. Sciambra observes:

“But there is a far greater evil (than any ‘Pride’ Parade) that goes largely unchecked and mostly unchallenged in the Catholic Church: the ongoing problem of priests and prelates and their lay underlings who openly disseminate their own spin on LGBT propaganda. What makes their actions grossly evil — is that they do so in the name of God.”

Building on Sciambra’s argument, let me suggest that when Catholics complain about the “Pride” activists, they are aiming at the wrong target. Not because the complaints are unjustified — they are not — but because we have a more pressing problem on our hands. Before we lament what is happening on the city streets, let’s address what is happening in our own churches. We Catholics cannot restore sanity to society until we have restored integrity in our Church. We cannot continue fighting a two-front war.

In Hoboken, New Jersey, a Catholic parish capped the month with a “Pride Mass,” encouraging members of the congregation to join the parade in New York. In Lexington, Kentucky, Bishop John Stowe offered a “celebration of Pride” prayer card, featuring a crucifix bathed in rainbow-colored light. How can we expect to gain a hearing for Catholic moral teachings, when the Church issues such confusing messages?

Unfortunately, those examples in Hoboken and Lexington can no longer be considered exceptional. If you think your own diocese is free of such problems, you should probably think again. Are there one or two parishes that welcome and encourage LGBT activists? Has Father James Martin come to speak to a parish or college group? Are there gay-straight alliances in parochial schools? If so, then you should address that situation before you begin to worry about the secular activists. We must speak with clarity. We must show unity in support of Christian morality. We must display the integrity that comes only when we practice what we preach.

Liberal Catholics scoff at bishops and priests — yes, and internet pundits — who they dismiss as “culture warriors.” But that characterization begs the question. Is there a culture war going on: a battle for the soul of our society? If you answer that question with a No, I probably can’t convince you otherwise. But if you say Yes, then don’t criticize the “culture warrior” Catholics. On the contrary, you should criticize those who do not earn that sobriquet.

The battle is real, and the conflict is escalating. As a presidential candidate, just a bit more than a decade ago, Barack Obama opposed legal recognition of same-sex “marriage.” Today, that stand would disqualify him as a Democratic candidate. A decade ago, a frat boy might have earned guffaws from his classmates by suggesting (in jest) that biological men should have legal access to abortion; this year, a Democratic presidential hopeful made that point in all seriousness.

And while the sexual revolutionaries continue to rack up victories, the middle ground is shrinking. Anyone who dares to oppose the LGBT agenda is subject to public denunciation for “hate speech,” perhaps barred from social media, or even “doxed” and harassed at home.

“Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold,” wrote Yeats in what is probably his most-quoted line. Look down just a couple of lines in that poem (“The Second Coming”) and the Irish poet seems to be speaking of our own time:

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

We adults will survive these culture wars, one way or another. But think of the children; think of “ceremony of innocence.” We owe it to our children to preserve their innocence, to preserve a culture in which they can find stability, serenity, and strength.

Do you want to know why I am a culture warrior? The Left will tell you that I’m consumed by fear. In a way, that is true. I am afraid that if I remain silent, I shall have no defense when I am asked, “What did you do during the culture wars, Grandpa?”

Don’t ask whether or not there is a war going on: a war for the soul of our society, a war for the integrity of our Church. There is. The right question to ask — first of yourself, then of your pastor and your bishop and your Catholic friends — is: Which side are you on?

Reprinted with permission from Catholic Culture.

7 Responses to WHERE IS YOUR DIOCESE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST LGBT PROPAGANDA????

1. missbitsyb says:

Mine is an undercover Francis diocese.

2. Sheepdog says:

Thank you for reposting this. I am not sure where my Diocese stands, but I can tell you that some of the parishes I am a part of are very Faithful and do not endorse the LGBT propoganda.

3. catholictradition2 says:

Catholics have been slowly fed homoheretical propaganda for forty years. So when sodomite priests erupted full-blown in the more recent era, they lacked the will to resist in sizable numbers.

While my parish has 54 % support for sodomite rights, at least Bishop Deeley withdrew diocesan support for the Maine Council of Churches because they were in solidarity with the so-called LBGT agenda. Yet with this, he is still quite liberal because he should have never been associated with this group in the first place.

4. hellenback7 says:

I agree but I also believe we are in vary much a “pearls before swine” situation.

If you believe The Eucharist is the source of Sanctifying Grace and that the Sacraments function ex opere operato, then what happens when your pastir (or Bishop) decides you are a troublemaker and are banned from the Church for “rocking the boat”.

Is there no longer Truth in Christ’s Words that “They hold the Keys to the Kingdom…do what is taught (in the CCC) but do not act as they do.

I have a particular beef even with Benedict’s altering our kneeling after Communion and his “like the dewfall” insertion into the prayers of consecration.
    Transubstantiation isn’t “like” anything.
    It is a miraculous occurance wrought by God through the priest (however unworthy, if validly ordained).

The Protestant hymns and pandering in the name of Ecumenical cooperation (while being told proselytizing is solemn nonsense) is disturbing .
    How do you take a stand against these things other than to quietly keep the old (reverent) positions at Mass and refuse to say prayers and sing songs that are distasteful (and sound like something from a Whitman poem (at best).
    The sermon today at the Cathedral parish was about going out and “excorcizing the”demons” of depression and loneliness (abd I assume OCD) in a sermon on the Gospel of the disciples being sent out to preach the Kingdom without anything.
    This is a pastor, directly under a Bishop preaching the establishment if an earthly “kingdom” in response the the Psaer Noster”.
    I leave Mass feeling depressed and sad and used to leave uplifted.
    I haven’t been back to confession since coming away the last time feeling the same way.

5. kevirish01 says:

My diocese? Quiet. Very, very quiet.

I’m not sure that’s the worst thing. I think it could do more… but our bishop must be one of those who is a “pray first” type of man. Incidentally, I believe he is more of a Benedict bishop than a Francis one.

6. Tereze Avila says:

Church is divided on that issue!!! It sound like a stupid joke, but it is not! Bishops are living in fear of being targeted by the PC culture and LGBTQ community itself. And of course many, many bishops are pro-gay themselves and are dreaming about the church of James Martin!!! Many priest are prosecuted by their own bishops once they say the truth! Look here: https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/fr-robert-chisholm
    and of course here:

7. Kate R. says:

I agree with what you are saying here, completely. Even as a middle-aged woman, there is a part to play for everyone. People will say, why do you bother, or, you get too worked up about things, but here is our time, this is the time God put us here. I can’t do anything about most things, but I can defend God and I can defend children and I can speak out for the time being. Children are being targeted for corruption by not just isolated people but whole segments of this weird society. I can’t stand by and say nothing, even as a middle-aged woman, I believe God will ask me, what did I do to protect innocent children, and not just mine, but all children, any children. They are all ours to protect, and they are worth it. My heart breaks at the very idea someone would harm and corrupt these beautiful children, so full of innocence. God help us win this battle or at least prevent as many casualties as we can.