A MESSAGE FROM THE PUBLISHER

Dear Relatives, Friends and Loyal Readers of abyssum.org.

As some of you know, I am going to have an operation to replace my right hip.

Because of my age, 97 years, there has been a certain extra amount of caution being manifested by the medical profession.  I have been having a series of consultations with my doctors.

I am neutral about whether or not to have the operation although I recognize that my activity, including publishing abysum.org daily is becoming more difficult with each passing week.  Therefore I place my trust totally in the will of Our Lord which he will surely reveal to me.

Because of my age and because I have a slight problem with the left ventricle of my heart I suspected that my cardiologist would rule out ether and would favor a spinal block for the anesthetic for the operation.

I had a consultation with my cardiologist yesterday and he ruled out a spinal block because of the the three metal devices my spine surgeon implanted in my spine to cure spinal stenosis which was causing sciatica in my right leg.

So my understanding is that I will be given a light dose of ether; perhaps I will be able to listen in as the doctors perform the operation.

I have my next consultation with the surgeon on June 23 and I will learn more about what he will do after he has reviewed the recommendation of my cardiologist.

I will continue to post on Abyssum up until the day of the operation, if there is going to be an operation. If there is to be an operation there will necessarily be a period of silence on abyssum.org which may last as long as a week (or permanently if it be God’s will).

Your prayers for the success of the surgery will be most appreciated.

Yours in Jesus Christ our Lord,

89 Responses to A MESSAGE FROM THE PUBLISHER

1. millerentcharternet says:

Dear Bishop Gracida: We have no doubt that Jesus is quite buried in petitions in your behalf, and to which we also add our own supplications for your best outcome. Roger and Sheila Miller

—————————————–From: “ABYSSUS ABYSSUM INVOCAT / DEEP CALLS TO DEEP” To: millerent@charter.net Cc: Sent: Wednesday June 17 2020 4:58:39PM Subject: [New post] A MESSAGE FROM THE PUBLISHER

WordPress.com

abyssum posted: ” Dear Relatives, Friends and Loyal Readers of abyssum.org. As some of you know, I am going to have an operation to replace my right hip. Because of my age, 97 years, there has been a certain extra amount of caution being manifested by the medical pr”

2. balaton1931 says:

Dear Bishop Gracida,

I shall keep you in my prayers, but let me get off some steam, Where are the other bishops, retired or not, taking up your apostolate, while you recover, and after you are watching us from above and be our advocate in front of the Almighty???

3. Ree says:

Hi Arch Bp Rene, You are in my thoughts and prayers, o good and faithful servant. God is with you! Love and blessings, Your buddy, Ree Laughlin in Boerne TX

4. Roger Harden says:

My prayers are with you.
    May the Lord’s will be done, but I will let Him know my preference that you’re back to “work” and feeling better soon.

5. Clare Rowan says:

Thank you for letting us know. We will be praying for you! This is a big surgery!

Love and prayers!

Clare Pax

6. Kate R. says:

Bishop Gracida, I had no idea you were 97 or anything near it. Your head certainly isn’t 97, however old that bad hip is. They do knee and hip replacements on lots of people who are “older”, and they seem to make very good recoveries. God will care for you. Thank you, and God bless you, for being faithful to Him and being a very good shepherd to us. Please accept my apologies if I ever shot my big mouth off in your blog, and you will be in my prayers. If you could, do let us have an update once in awhile. We’ll be wondering. Lord, you gave us a few to count on, please take care of this one, amen.

7. Dear Bishop Gracida,

Thank you for your great courage and all you have done on behalf of Christ, His One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, all who will come to believe, and all those prodigal sons and daughters, who, hopefully, will soon return to The Body Of Christ. I will keep you in my thoughts and Prayers, with the hope that I will have a chance to meet you sometime soon.

Godspeed!

Nancy

🙏🏻💕

Sent from my iPhone

8. Noel Anonymous says:

Dear Bishop Gracida, We will be praying for you and for your discernment regarding what God’s will is for you regarding surgery. May our Blessed Mother be your guiding star.

9. Ralph A Capone says:

Dear Bishop Gracidas God is good and I believe His love for you goes deeper than anything any of us might imagine. Your deep faith rests atop that certain knowledge of His superabundant and magnanimous caritas. May His Spirit continue to fill you with prudence, comfort and peace as you surrender to His Holy will. He is the fount of all wisdom and knowledge, and works all things for our good. God is so good! Be assured of my prayers for you and for your physicians, that their minds, hands and hearts become His. You have more to do in this vale of tears but I am most grateful for all you have done already to promote the Spirit and Truth of the Kingdom of God. I will continue to offer prayers for you whichever course you are taken upon.

Many Blessings and

Deo Gratias

AMDG+

Ralph

RA Capone, MD, FACP 724-875-3934

10. Chantal de Batz says:

I’ll pray for you, each day, starting tonight.       I want to thank you for everything you have been posting. I am French, living in Norway, and I forward many of your mails to people in Norway, France, Spain, Switzerland and sometimes Italy and Poland.     For OUR sake, I do hope that you will be able to continue your mission until B. XVI is recognized as the one true Pope.      2 priests in Italy recognized him years ago,       2 more these last few weeks;       many more and 2 bishops say Mass in union with B. XVI, but still “secretly”… (the price is high! they lose everything: housing, allowance, insurance, pension).      Br. Alexis is also doing a magnificent job!But we already miss you when you cannot write.             God bless you, and help you in your need!                                                 Chantal de Batz Please, excuse my English! I don’t know how to end politely.

På onsdag 17. juni 2020, 23:58:48 CEST skrev ABYSSUS ABYSSUM INVOCAT / DEEP CALLS TO DEEP følgende: | abyssum posted: “Dear Relatives, Friends and Loyal Readers of abyssum.org.As some of you know, I am going to have an operation to replace my right hip.Because of my age, 97 years, there has been a certain extra amount of caution being manifested by the medical pr” | |

11. Colette Steffen says:

You will definitely be in my prayers. God Bless.

12. srannesophie says:

All of us from the Society of the Body of Christ are united with you in prayer! May GOD’S will be done and may He protect you, heal you,guide you and give you peace! WE LOVE YOU! Sister Anne Sophie”My little way is the way of Spiritual Childhood, the way of Trust & absolute Self Surrender.”  ~St. Therese

13. etunamsanctam says:

Your Excellency, dear Bishop Gracida! Thank you for telling us about your forthcoming surgery. Please give us the date of same. Be assured of my continuing prayers for you. May the surgery go well; the surgeon’s hands skillful; and may you have a speedy and complete recovery. Thank you for all you do for us. You are a bright light in this present darkness!

14. Mary Parks says:

Love and prayers

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020, 4:58 PM ABYSSUS ABYSSUM INVOCAT / DEEP CALLS TO DEEP wrote:

> abyssum posted: ” Dear Relatives, Friends and Loyal Readers of abyssum.org. > As some of you know, I am going to have an operation to replace my right > hip. Because of my age, 97 years, there has been a certain extra amount of > caution being manifested by the medical pr” >

15. Mary Huber says:

I will be praying for you.

16. Carol says:

Praying for your health and recovery. God bless you and guide your health team

Sent from my iPhone

17. Lu Holguin says:

Your Excellency, You have the promise of my prayers for you. May the good Lord assistant the whole medical team and May He grant you a speedy recovery. In Corde Iesu, per Mariam et Joseph, Lucy

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 4:59 PM ABYSSUS ABYSSUM INVOCAT / DEEP CALLS TO DEEP wrote:

18. revfrjov3n6s says:

Your Excellency, rest assured that you will be in prayers and Mass’ intentions through the day you would have fully recovered from the cardio-surgical procedure you will undergo…Allow me at this time to express my profoundest gratitude and appreciation for everything that you have been and are still sharing for our enlightenment in this time of darkness and confusion in the Church.God loves you. Rev. Joven S. Saavedra

19. Dear Bp. Gracida,
    I shall remember you and your doctors in my intercessory prayers.
    Thank-you for all you do for us.
    God bless,
    Katey in OR

20. abyssum says:

THANKS,
    HENRY

21. abyssum says:

THANK YOU, SANDRA!!!

22. gellerman55 says:

Revvin’ up the prayer chain!

23. abyssum says:

THANK YOU, LINDA !!!

24. Sandra Ida says:

Dear Bishop Gracida: I will miss seeing your daily posts until you return to us.  Be assured of my daily prayers for your full recovery.  I am really impressed and encouraged that you, at 97, want to go ahead with hip replacement.  I’m 75 and will probably need the same.   We recently moved from Broward County (Archdiocese of Miami, which you know well), and now live in the Palm Beach Diocese (Bishop Barbarito).  We don’t miss Broward politics, that’s for sure!! God bless you and take good care of you, Sandra & Tohru Ida

25. Linda Wimmer says:

Be assured that I am adding you to my prayers. Thank you for being a holy Bishop ! I hope all goes well ! Linda

Sent from my iPhone

26. abyssum says:

THANK YOU, KEVIN !!!

27. Matt Noah says:

Just recently, I rewatched “Romero” with a member of my wife’s extended family. When I think of good bishops, I remember Oscar Romero staring down the barrel of a gun as he leads his flock to reclaim the Eucharist in a church occupied by the military. And I think of the Bishop of Corpus Christi, Rex Moses and the rescues of those weeks and months nearly 30 years ago. Now, THAT, is what a Bishop of the Catholic Church does when confronted by the complacency of a society used to abortion! I remember Rex Moses telling me he would not rescue in Corpus Christi unless Bishop Gracida approved. I can’t tell you what an impact Bishop Gracida and Rex Moses had on my faith.

Make sure your surgeon is excellent. An excellent surgeon is like a good auto mechanic. Once you fine one, never go elsewhere.

28. abyssum says:

THANK YOU, MATT !!!

29. abyssum says:

THANK YOU, MARY!!!

30. Mary D says:

Yes !… Bishop Gracida, please do notify your readers of your surgery date so we can double up on prayer and fasting for you. We thank you for all you have done for us…..for your priestly love and guidance .
    Oremus pro Antistite nostro Rene Henry Gracida!
    Stet et pascat in fortitudine tua, Domine, in sublimitate nominis tui.

31. abyssum says:

THANK YOU!!!

32. Kevin Lents says:

Prayers for you, Bp. Gracida! :^)

Catechist Kev

33. Matt Noah says:

My mother, when 91, had her hip replaced. It was a good decision but it comes with challenges. Her pain is less but her rehab has been difficult at times. Overall, a good decision. Give yourself 1-4 weeks before returning to blog here. Rest, recuperate and rehab. I, too, have had spinal stenosis and a herniated disc.

Prayers? Always.

34. Mary Haddow says:

Dear Bishop Gracida

I have received your emails for some years now and look forward to them every day.

Be assured of my prayers from here in Australia.

I thank you for your spiritual guidance and your outstanding courage in speaking the Truth and speaking up for us, the flock.

We are currently being refused Holy Communion now the churches have reopened in our diocese.

This looks like being extended for quite some time.

May God’s Will be done – how can we wish you to stay with us if it is the Lord’s Will to take you home, dear faithful servant.

Who shall we turn to? We have no leaders who will speak up for the true faith. We pray for the ‘hirelings’ to find again their

zeal for souls.

Thank you for all you have done for us – I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to your post-op emails.

Best regards

Mary

35. jmarrenjr says:

Thank you for this information.

I will keep you in my prayers.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 5:58 PM ABYSSUS ABYSSUM INVOCAT / DEEP CALLS TO DEEP wrote:

36. abyssum says:

Thank you, Elizabeth!

37. efyore says:

Prayers, rosaries and Novenas in abundance for our Warrior. Liz Yore

38. abyssum says:

Thank you!

39. texasooz57 says:

Bishop Gracida, please notify your readers on your surgery date if you have one. You are always in my prayers. Just want to triple-up on them and add some fasting on your behalf for a successful outcome. God knows how much we, your online flock, need you during these tumultuous times. We are so grateful for your guidance and wisdom, Good Shepherd.

40. abyssum says:

Thank you, Mary !!!

41. abyssum says:

THANK YOU, JAMES!!!

42. abyssum says:

Thank you, Vincent !!!

43. abyssum says:

Thank you, Carlos!!!
    Blessings,
    +Henry

44. Mary D says:

Be assured that you will be in my prayers, even more so than you are now. If you have the operation, I ask the God of Jacob, (who also had a “hip problem”) to guide the surgeon’s hand. Even if you cannot return to abyssum.org , I know that you will always be the Great Warrior of God,
    leading us, the Remnant in this trial and tribulation, either on earth or from Heaven. God love you,
    dearest Bishop Rene Gracida!!!

45. JAMES TROSKY says:

Prayers on the way….

46. abyssum says:

Thank you, Silvio!!!

47. Carlos GRACIDA MALDONADO says:

My dear Henry, you should be sure my family and I will be praying to Lord so you have a successful operation .

With love

Carlos Gracida

48. Vincent Gonzalez says:

I will be praying for you, Bishop.

Vincent Gonzalez

49. abyssum says:

Thank you, Silvio !!!

50. SMattacchione says:

Dear Bishop Rene Henry Gracida: Be assured of my Rosary for you tonight and every night till you recover.
    Our Lord keep you safe